The Church was organized on February 12, 1942, as the Haltom City Baptist Church and was located in the 5400 block of East Belknap.The church has undergone many building programs in its history.
The founding pastor was Dr. E. Bryan Clemens. During the ministry of the next pastor, Rev. Oscar Simmons, the church was moved in 1956 to its present location at Cindy Drive and Lakeland Street in Fort Worth.
First educational building, built in 1964, included Church and S.S. Offices, classrooms, and a large fellowship hall.
We completed a remodel of our spacious Auditorium
Bro. Jeff York answered the call to become the church's 6th pastor beginning December, 2012.
"I hope you will let us be a blessing to you."
I was born and raised in the Texas Panhandle in the city of Amarillo. I grew up in a loving and sports oriented home where my folks were involved and supported me in everything I did. I did not, however, grow up in church.
It wasn't until 1986 at Caprock Baptist Church, with the persistence of a high school buddy that had invited me to a revival, that I realized I was a sinner in need of salvation. I repented of my sins and asked Jesus Christ to come into my heart and be my personal Lord and Saviour. Soon after, I followed my Saviour in baptism.
In September 1988, I met my wife, Melissa, and we were married in June of 1989 at Caprock Baptist. There we began our spiritual walk and growth with the Lord Jesus Christ. Later in November 1996, at a Bible Printers/Missions Conference, God called me and I surrendered to preach and pastor. My family and I have been serving the Lord ever since.
We have three super children: Beau, Makenzie, and Amber. We are looking forward, with great anticipation, at what God has in store for Lakeland Street Baptist Church. I am simply amazed and so very grateful that God has given me this wonderful opportunity to serve Him in this local independent fundamental Baptist Church.
We would like to encourage you to stop in and visit us if you live in the area, are new to the Metroplex, or are just passing through. I hope you will let us be a blessing to you.
Because He Lives
Pastor Jeffrey M. York
See whats happening and take part
Friday 13th - Sr. Saints Fellowship: 7pm
Saturday 21st - Youth Rally: 3pm-6pm
Sunday 22nd - Lord's Supper
Sunday 29th - SNAC Nite: Pastor's Birthday
Monday 30th - Pastor's 51st Birthday!
Friday 10th - Sr. Saints Fellowship: 7pm
Friday 17th - Ladies fellowship: 7pm
Sunday 26th - LBC 75th Anniversary; Dinner on the Grounds
Friday 10th - Sr. Saints Fellowship: 7pm
Saturday 18th - Youth Rally: 3pm-6pm
Sunday 2nd - Car Wash Meeting after PM Service
Friday 14th - Sr. Saints Fellowship: 7pm
Sunday 16th - Resurrection Sunday
Tuesday 18 - Saturday 22nd - Missions Conference
Sunday 23rd - Victory Celebration at Cici's Pizza
Friday 5th - Mother/Daughter Fellowship: 7pm
Monday 8th - Wednesday 10th - God Save America Conference in Amarillo
Friday 12th - Sr. Saints Fellowship: 7pm
Saturday 20th - Youth Rally at Immanuel Baptist: 3pm-6pm
Sunday 21st - Lord's Supper
Saturday 27th - Camp Car Wash: 10am-2pm
Monday 5th - Friday 9th - Youth Camp at Lake Texoma
Friday 9th - Sr. saints Fellowship: 7pm
Sunday 11th - Camp Night
Friday 16th - Father/Son Fellowship: 7pm
Tuesday 20th - Thursday 22nd - Vacation Bible School
Be a part of our many ministries
We have a Sunday School Hour each week beginning at 9:45AM for all ages, from the youngest child to the oldest adult.
We have a Toddler Nursery for ages 1 and up. We also have an Infant Nursery for ages 0-12 months. Our workers are trained and certified by the Church. Each Nursery, Children's Church, and Teacher/Worker must undergo and pass a background check before they are allowed to work with the children.
Lakeland Baptist Spanish Ministry "UNA IGLESIA QUE PREDICA" "HASTA EL FIN DEL TIEMPO" Francisco Coto, Spanish Pastor Llame si necesita trasportacion.
Need a ride for you or your child? We have church bus ministry that can pick you up every Sunday morning beginning at 8:30AM. For a free ride to Church, please contact us at 817-838-8830 before 6PM each Friday.
Statement of Faith
1. The Holy Scriptures - We believe the Holy Scriptures of the Old and New Testament to be the verbally and complete inspired Word of God written by men who were supernaturally inspired. The Scriptures are inerrant, infallible and God-breathed, and therefore are the final authority for faith and life. The sixty-six books of the Old and New Testament are the complete and divine revelation of God to Man. The Scriptures shall be interpreted according to their normal grammatical-historical meaning. The King James Version Bible (1611) shall be the official and only translation used by the church (II Tim. 3:16-17; II Peter 1:20-21).
2. The Godhead - We believe that there is one and only one living and true God. One Triune God, eternally existing in three persons - Father, Son, and Holy Spirit - each co-eternal in being, co-identical in nature, co-equal in power and glory, and having the same attributes and perfections (Deut. 6:4; Matt. 28:19; II Cor. 13:14; John 14:10, 26).
3. The Person and Work of Christ A. We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ, the eternal Son of God, became man without ceasing to be God, having been conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary, in order that He might reveal God and redeem sinful men (Isa. 7:14; 9:6; Luke 1:35; John 1:1-2, 14; II Cor. 5:19-21; Gal. 4:4-5; Phil. 2:5-8). B. We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ accomplished our redemption through his death on the cross as a representative, vicarious (taking the place of another), substitutionary sacrifice; and, that our justification is made sure by His literal, physical resurrection from the dead (Acts 2:18-36; Rom. 3:24-25; I Peter 2:24; Eph. 1:7; I Peter 1:3-5). C. We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ ascended to Heaven, and is now exalted at the right hand of God, where, as our High Priest, He fulfills the ministry of Representative, Intercessor, and Advocate (Acts 1:9-10; Heb. 9:24; 7:25; Rom. 8:34; I John 2:1-2).
4. The Person and Work of the Holy Spirit A. We believe that the Holy Spirit is a person who convicts the world of sin, of righteousness, and of judgment; and that He is the Supernatural Agent in regeneration, baptizing all believers into the body of Christ, indwelling and sealing them unto the day of redemption (John 16:8-11; Rom. 8:9; I Cor. 12:12-14; II Cor. 3:6; Eph. 1:13-14). B. We believe that He is the Divine Teacher who assists believers to understand and appropriate the Scriptures and that it is the privilege and duty of all the saved to be filled with the Spirit (Eph. 1:17-18; 5:18; I John 2:20, 27). C. We believe that God is sovereign in the bestowal of spiritual gifts to every believer. God uniquely uses evangelists, pastors, and teachers to equip believers in the assembly in order that they can do the work of the ministry (Rom. 12:3-8; I Cor. 12:4-11, 28; Eph. 4:7-12). D. We believe that the sign gifts of the Holy Spirit, such as speaking in tongues and the gift of healing were temporary. We believe that speaking in tongues was never the common or necessary sign of the baptism or filling of the Holy Spirit and that ultimate deliverance of the body from sickness or death awaits the consummation of our salvation in the resurrection, though God frequently chooses to answer the prayers of believers for physical healing (I Cor. 1:22; 13:8; 14:21-22).
5. The Total Depravity of Man - We believe that man was created in the image and likeness of God. We believe because of Adam's sin the human race fell, inherited a sinful nature, and became alienated from God. We believe that man is totally depraved, and, of himself, utterly unable to redeem his lost condition (Gen. 1:26-27; Rom. 3:22-23; 5:12; 6:23; Eph. 2:1-3; 4:17-19).
6. Salvation - We believe that salvation is the gift of God brought to man by grace and received by personal faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, Whose precious blood was shed on Calvary for the forgiveness of our sins (John 1:12; Eph. 1:7; 2:8-10; I Peter 1:18-19).
7. The Eternal Security and Assurance of Believers - We believe that all the redeemed, once saved, are kept by God's power and are thus secure in Christ forever (John 6:37-40; 10:27-30; Rom. 8:1, 38-39; I Cor. 1:4-8; I Peter 1:4-5).
8. The Church A. We believe that the local Church, which is the body and the espoused bride of Christ, is solely made up of born-again believers (I Cor. 12:12-14; II Cor. 11:2; Eph. 1:22-23; 5:25-27).> B. We believe that the establishment and continuance of local Churches is clearly taught and defined in the New Testament Scriptures (Acts 14:27; 20:17, 28-32; I Tim. 3:1-13; Titus 1:5-11). C. We believe in the autonomy of the local Church, free of any external authority or control (Acts 13:1-4; 15:19-31; 20:28; Rom. 16:1, 4; I Cor. 3:9, 16; 5:4-7, 13; I Peter 5:1-4). D. We recognize water baptism by immersion and the Lord's Supper as the Scriptural ordinances of obedience for the Church in this age (Matt. 28:19-20; Acts 2:41-42; 18:18; I Cor. 11:23-26).
9. Seperation - We believe that all the saved should live in such a manner as not to bring reproach upon their Savior and Lord; and, that separation from all religious apostasy, all worldly and sinful pleasures, practices and associations is commanded of God (Rom. 12:1-2; 14:13; II Cor. 6:14-7:1; II Tim. 3:1-5; I John 2:15-17; II John 9-11).
10. The Second Advent of Christ - We believe in that "blessed hope," the personal, imminent return of Christ. At the end of the Tribulation, Christ will personally and visibly return with His saints, to establish His earthly Messianic Kingdom which was promised to the nation of Israel (Ps. 89:3-4; Dan. 2:31-45; Zech. 14:4-11; I Thess. 1:10; I Thess. 4;13-18; Titus 2:13; Rev. 3:10; 19:11-16; 20:1-6).
11. The Eternal State A. We believe in the bodily resurrection of all men, the saved to eternal life, and the unsaved to judgment and everlasting punishment (Matt. 25:46; John 5:28, 29; 11:25-26; Rev. 20:5-6, 12-13). B. We believe that the souls of the redeemed are, at death, absent from the body and present with the Lord, where in conscious bliss they await the first resurrection, when spirit, soul and body are reunited to be glorified forever with the Lord (Luke 23:43; II Cor. 5:8; Phil. 1:23; 3:21; I Thess. 4:;16-17; Rev. 20:4-6). C. We believe that the souls of unbelievers remain, after death, in conscious punishment and torment until the second resurrection. When, with soul and body reunited, they shall appear at the Great White Throne Judgment, and shall be cast into the Lake of Fire, not to be annihilated, but to suffer everlasting conscious punishment and torment (Matt. 25:41-46; Mark 9:43-48; Luke 16:19-26; II Thess. 1:7-9; Jude 6-7; Rev. 20:11-15).
12. The Personality of Satan - We believe that Satan is a person, the author of sin, and the cause of the Fall of Man. He is the open and declared enemy of God and man. He shall be eternally punished in the Lake of Fire (Job 1:6-7; Isa. 14:12-17; Matt. 4:2-11; 25:41; Rev. 20:10).
13. Creation - We believe that God created the universe in six literal, 24-hour periods. We reject evolution, the Gap Theory, the Day-Age Theory, and Theistic Evolution as unscriptural theories of origin (Genesis 1-2; Ex. 20:11).
14. Civil Government - We believe that God has ordained and created all authority consisting of three basic institutions: 1) the home; 2) the Church; and 3) the state. Every person is subject to these authorities, but all (including the authorities themselves) are answerable to God and governed by His Word. God has given each institution specific Biblical responsibilities and balanced those responsibilities with the understanding that no institution has the right to infringe upon the other. The home, the Church, and the state are equal and sovereign in their respective Biblically assigned spheres of responsibility under God (Rom. 13:1-7; Eph. 5:22-24; Heb. 13:17; I Peter 2:13-14).
15. Human Sexuality A. We believe that God has commanded that no intimate sexual activity be engaged in outside of a marriage between a man and a woman. We believe that any form of homosexuality, lesbianism, bisexuality, bestiality, incest, fornication, adultery and pornography are sinful perversions of God's gift of sex (Gen. 2:24; Gen. 19:5, 13; Gen. 26:8-9; Lev. 18:1-30; Rom. 1:26-29; I Cor. 5:1; 6:9; I Thess. 4:1-8; Heb. 13:4). B. We believe that the only legitimate marriage is the joining of one man and one woman (Gen. 2:24; Rom. 7:2; I Cor. 7:10; Eph. 5:22-23). C. We believe that men and women are spiritually equal in position before God but that God has ordained distinct and separate spiritual functions for men and women in the home and the Church. The husband is to be the leader of the home and men are to be leaders (Pastors and Deacons) of the Church (Gal. 3:28; Col. 3:18; I Tim. 2:8-15; 3:4-5, 12).
16. Divorce and Remarriage - We believe that God intends marriage to last until one of the spouses dies. Divorce and remarriage is regarded as adultery except on the grounds of fornication. Although divorced and remarried persons or divorced persons may hold positions of service in the Church and be greatly used of God for Christian service, they may not be considered for the offices of Pastor or Deacon (Mal. 2:14-17; Matt. 19:3-12; Rom. 7:1-3; I Tim. 3:2,12; Titus 1:6).
17. Abortion - We believe that human life begins at conception and that the unborn child is a living human being. Abortion constitutes the unjustified, unexcused taking of unborn human life. Abortion is murder. We reject any teaching that abortions of pregnancies due to birth defects, gender selection, birth or population control, or the mental well-being of the mother are acceptable (Job 3:16; Psalms 51:5; 139:14-16; Isa. 44:24; 49:1,5; Jer. 1:5; 20:15-18; Luke 1:44).
18. Missions - We believe that God has given the Church a great commission to proclaim the Gospel to all nations so that there might be a great multitude from every nation, tribe, ethnic group, and language group who believe on the Lord Jesus Christ. As ambassadors of Christ we must use all available means to go to the foreign nations and not wait for them to come to us (Matt. 28:19-20; Mark 16:15; Luke 24:46-48; John 20:21; Acts 1:8; II Cor. 5:20).
19. Giving - We believe that every Christian, as a steward of that portion of God's wealth entrusted to him, is obligated to support his local Church financially. We believe that God has established the tithe as a basis for giving, but that every Christian should also give other offerings sacrificially and cheerfully to the support of the Church, the relief of those in need, and the spread of the Gospel (Gen. 14:20; Prov. 3:9-10; Acts 4:34-37; I Cor. 16:2; II Cor. 9:6-7; Gal. 6:6; Eph. 4:28; I Tim. 5:17-18; I John 3:17).
Join Us Every Sunday Morning
Class details coming soon.
Come learn what God has for you!
Do you know for sure if you died today that you would go to heaven? You can be saved and be sure of it.
1. You are a sinner Romans 3:10 ......"There is none righteous, no, not one." Romans 3:23 ......"For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God."
2. God has placed a price on your sin Romans 6:23a ..."For the wages of sin is death..." Luke 16:23 ......."And in hell he lifted up his eyes, being in torments..."
3. Jesus died to pay the price for your sins and offers salvation to you as a free gift Romans 5:8 ......."But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners Christ died for us."
4. You must recieve the gift of eternal life the bible way Romans 10:13....."For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved."
Trust Christ as your savior now - "Dear Lord, I confess I am a sinner and I need to be saved. I believe that Jesus died on the cross to pay my sin debt. Forgive my sins, come into my heart, and save my soul."
If you just trusted Christ as your personal Savior, we would love to hear from you. We would love to send you our free post paid literature to help you begin the walk of being a Born Again Christian. Please email the Pastor at email@example.com.